Welcome

Welcome to our blog. We will be Posting daily notes and photos of things we see and do while traveling on the Ruby and Royal Princess cruise ships throughout the Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, and along the Amazon River.

Cruise posting will begin on January 9, 2010.


Monday, February 8, 2010

Down The Amazon

Today we made good progress heading West on the Amazon.  We arrive in Santarem, Brazil at about 9:00am in the morning.  At 12:15pm we crossed the Equator and will remain below it throughout our trip down the river.

The bugs are getting heavier.  I opened the balcony door just before sunset and forgot to close it behind me.  When I came back into the stateroom I had to begin killing mosquitoes and grasshoppers.  We started taking our malaria meds 2 days before reaching the Amazon.  Hopefully tomorrow we will get some good photos to post here on the Blog.